Fort Niagara

Guarding the mouth of the Niagara River at Lake Ontario, Fort Niagara, on the river’s east bank in the state of New York, is a restored fort (not reconstructed) that was built by the French in 1726 and used successively by British and United States soldiers. It offers daily tours and demonstrations, and the fort sponsors French and Indian War and Revolutionary War reenactments.

https://www.oldfortniagara.org/

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This entry was posted in History - 18th Century. Bookmark the permalink.